Mabon is a time to celebrate the autumn equinox, between September 21st and September 23rd, when day and night are of equal length. It is also a time to give thanks for the harvest and all of the abundance in our lives. This holiday is also known as the Witch's Thanksgiving, as it is a time to give thanks for all that we have been given.
Mabon is a time to celebrate the bounty of the harvest, and to give thanks for all that we have been given.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate this wonderful holiday:
1) Give thanks for the bounty of the harvest. Take a moment to reflect on all that you have been given, and express your gratitude. Light a pink candle representing that harvest and gratitude. Another season has come and with it a new set of blessings. Regard them with an open and thankful heart.
2) Enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of the harvest. This is a time to enjoy all of the delicious produce that is available. Go to your local farmer’s market or grocery store, and stock up on all of your favorites. Make a point to try something new too!
3) Get outside and enjoy the autumn weather. This is a perfect time of year to take a nature walk, go for a hike, or just spend some time outdoors enjoying the cooler temperatures and the changing leaves.
4) Decorate your home with autumnal colors. Bring the beauty of the season inside by decorating your home with pumpkins, gourds, leaves, and other fall decorations.
5) Bake something special. This is a great time of year to get into the kitchen and bake up something tasty. There are so many delicious recipes to choose from, so get creative!
6) Make a thanksgiving feast. This is a time to come together with family and friends, and give thanks for all that we have. A traditional Thanksgiving feast is a great way to do this, or you can get creative and make your own feast with all of your favorite seasonal foods.
Plan the perfect Witch's Thanksgiving Feast
7) Give thanks for the animals in your life. This is a time to show gratitude for the furry (and not so furry) friends in our lives. If you have pets, take some time to give them extra love and attention. If you don’t have any pets, consider volunteering at a local animal shelter.
8) Connect with nature. Spend some time reconnecting with nature and the earth. Go for a walk in the woods, sit by a river, or just spend some time in your backyard. Take a moment to appreciate the natural world around you.
9) Do something nice for someone else. This is a time to focus on giving, so do something nice for someone in your life. It could be as simple as baking them a treat, or sending them a thank you card.
10) Take some time for yourself. This is a time to focus on your own needs and wants. Do something that makes you happy, and don’t worry about anything else. Relax and enjoy this special time of year.
Looking for more ways to celebrate Mabon? Get the House of Witchcraft's Guide to Mabon
What's included: About Mabon Correspondences Rituals and Spells Activities Recipes Cocktail Tarot Spread and More
How are you celebrating Mabon? Share on the Open Community Forum.